Surely everyone knows Didier Drogba, but for those born after 2015, here’s a quick recap:
- He was the BEST striker in the Premier League. He played for Chelsea, and scored over 100 goals for them over twelve glorious and cup-filled seasons.
- His powerful strength and incredible sharp-shooting helped Chelsea to win FOUR Premier League trophies, FOUR FA Cup trophies, and, of course, the UEFA Champions League!
- He was / is the BEST footballer from Africa, ever – he formally won the African Footballer of the Year Award in 2006 and 2009, but is widely recognised as the best player from Africa of all time.
- He was the captain and best player of Ivory Coast, taking them to their first ever World Cup in 2006, and the following two World Cups, establishing the country as one of the biggest names in African sport.
- He went on to play in China, Turkey, and the USA – where was the world’s first Owner-Player (of the Phoenix Rising).
- He is a UN Ambassador, helped prevent a civil war in Ivory Coast, and is an all round good guy – which is why he is a hero and a role model to many.
HIS CAREER IN GOALS
- Premier League: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2009–10, 2014–15
- FA Cup: 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10, 2011–12
- Football League Cup: 2004–05, 2006–07, 2014–15; runner-up: 2007–08
- FA Community Shield: 2005, 2009
- UEFA Champions League: 2011–12